Sunday, December 27, 2015

Do you REALLY know whats in that product you saved money purchasing online??

We are all guilty for making those online purchases because we can get a great deal.  If we spend $XX we get either FREE shipping or a gift with purchase.  How can you resist???  

Well I am here to tell you WHY buying online isn’t all that it’s cracked up to be.

Being an Esthetician, I trained & learned about the skin & how the skin works with certain products.  I also understand skin conditions & how certain products can make or break the desired results of your skin.  I understand that I can suggest a product to you & you can turn around & purchase it cheaper online.
Here are 5 reasons why you should take my advice and purchase through a trained professional...
#1 MOST PRODUCTS PURCHASED ON AMAZON OR EBAY ARE EXPIRED!!!!!!!! 

This is why products are sold so cheap!!!  You can be buying expired products, which means that the active ingredients are no longer effective.  Also bacteria can begin to grow because the preservatives begin to lose their effectiveness. 

Or worse yet, you're NOT getting the product that you actually bought, because it's been repackaged!
#2 HAVE YOU HEARD OF DUMPSTER DIVING??
Some people have even gone to extremes and sit outside of Sephora or Ulta or the malls waiting for expired, damaged or already opened & returned products to be tossed and they grab them and turn around & sell them online!
This is really scary, again because even if it's packaged as the product you're buying, it may not be that product!  If a product was damaged, they can replace it as something else.
#3 I WILL SAVE YOU MONEY OVER THE LONG-TERM: 
Here's a great example that I hear a lot in my spa..."I just bought this amazing serum because my friend told me her wrinkles are gone!".  Being a trained professional, I immediately begin to ask questions.  What kind of skin does your friend have?  Are her skin care concerns the same as yours? How does YOUR skin feel when you use it?
I see it constantly, most of us are using the wrong products that just don't work for our skin.  Most OTC product lines carry specific lines, such as anti-aging, acne, rosacea or treatment of dark spots.
By using a professional line and getting the help from a Licensed Esthetician, you will be using a product that works and you won't have to waste your money trying all these products that can dry you out, strip your skin of oil or even cause breakouts!
#4 YOU CAN TOUCH, SMELL & FEEL PROFESSIONAL PRODUCTS!!
Most spas & Estheticians offer FREE skin care consultations that INCLUDE a Cleanse, Exfoliation & Moisturizing treatment.  We also have you bring in your current products to see what you’re using to ensure nothing will irritate or create a negative effect in your skin.
Again, being licensed in Skin, we can understand if something is not working and we can get you in a product that will work.  

#5 YOU ARE IN THE BEST HANDS (NO PUN INTENDED)...
When my clients come in, the first thing I do is touch their skin & feel it before beginning any service.  This tells me the current condition of your skin and can help guide me to ask questions about products or your current regimen.
I then base my facials to fit specific needs at that time and re-evalute your at home products and adjust at the end.  

Estheticians are your personal skin care consultant.  Find one that you love and stick with her, because your skin WILL Thank You in the end!

No comments:

Post a Comment